Crystal Space Joystick Plugin - Windows
Crystal Space currently lacks a joystick plugin for windows. I
ask why? Programming a simple joystick plugin was no problem for
me- especially since there is a linux joystick plugin already..
Update: There is a version of joywin in the latest CVS of CS, which is newer
than the version here.
So here it is: joywin.zip (about 6
KBytes - updated: 2003/10/16)
Here is a small testing app for Joysticks: joytest (also ca. 6 KBytes - updated: 2003/10/16)
While the plugin is windows only - it uses DirectInput - the
testing joytest app should run on linux, too. It is a modified
version of the simple2 tutorial example.
Installation for MingW/Msys and Cygwin users:
Installation for MSVC is not so easy but there is a document in
CS/doc describing how to generate an "external
plugin/application" in CS using MSVC. I can't help you here as I
do not have MSVC.
- Create a directory for joywin
- Unzip joywin.zip into that
- Copy cs-config from CS directory into joywin's directory
- Make sure that CRYSTAL environment variable is set
- goto joywin's directory and type
- (optional) copy joywin.dll and joywin.csplugin into CS
Back Crystal Space section